The contest closed on December 31, 2012.
To celebrate the Quay Brothers’ career retrospective and film series at New York’s Museum of Modern Art (running August 2012 – January 2013), Zeitgeist Films is giving away a fantastic Quay prize package to the winner of our Quay Brothers-inspired Photo Contest.
Take a photograph inspired by the work of the Quay Brothers, or create something Quay-esque and photograph it. Apart from our rules (below) there are few boundaries. If you know the Quays’ unique and unmistakeable work you’ll know what we mean. We’re looking for something creative and beautiful and strange. For inspiration you can visit the exhibition, (where you can also see some of the things that inspired the Quays themselves), watch their films on Netflix or Fandor or see snippets on YouTube. We also sell the Quays’ short films and two feature films on DVD.
Send us your photograph via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a link via Twitter to @zeitgeistfilms using hashtag #quaycontest. We will post all the qualifying entries at our discretion on Zeitgeist’s Quay Contest Pinterest board, and the image that gets the most combined Repins and Likes from the general public will be the Grand Prize Winner.
Grand Prize (1 Awarded): Zeitgeist Films’ complete Quay DVD set consisting of Phantom Museums: The Short Films Of the Quay Brothers, Institute Benjamenta (Restored and Remastered), and The Piano Tuner Of Earthquakes; a Quay Poster signed by the Quays; the MoMA exhibition catalogue; a MoMA postcard set; and other surprise memorabilia.
Runners Up (5 Awarded): Your choice of one DVD from our Quay Brothers collection + one surprise MoMA souvenir.
We will begin accepting entries on September 6, 2012. You must submit your entry—via email to email@example.com or via Twitter @zeitgeistfilms using hashtag #quaycontest—by 11:59 PM on November 30, 2012. Keep in mind that the sooner you submit the sooner you can get pinned and begin to accumulate Repins and Likes. The voting will continue through 11:59 PM on December 31, 2012.
The Grand Prize Winner and Runners Up will be determined by the combined total of Repins and Likes on Zeitgeist’s Quay Contest Pinterest board as created by Zeitgeist Films on Pinterest.com. All winners will be notified by January 12, 2013.
- Neither Zeitgeist employees or family members, nor the Quay Brothers themselves, may enter.
- The photograph must have been taken by you and must belong to you.
- You MAY NOT submit a picture of a Quay exhibit piece or any screen grabs or images from their work. This is strictly a Quay-inspired Contest. If you submit something from the Quay Brother’s own work, it will not be accepted for competition.
- You must have a Continental USA or Canadian address for delivery of a prize in the event of your winning.
- Entries will not be accepted after 11:59 PM on November 30, 2012.
- Participants must provide a twitter account or email address where they may be reached for notification in case of winning. The winners will have one week to respond and supply a US or Canadian address, or the contestant with the next highest number of votes will be awarded the prize.
- In the event of a tie, the winner(s) will be determined by blind drawing.
- Submissions must be legal and tasteful. Because we will be using Pinterest as the display and voting format for this contest, we must abide by their pinning etiquette. (i.e. No nudity, hateful content, or content that encourages people to hurt themselves.)
FOR MORE ABOUT THE QUAY BROTHERS CLICK HERE
FOLLOW ZEITGEIST FILMS ON TWITTER AND FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST