A film by Jennifer Venditti
“Many memorable dramatic films about adolescence have been made over the decades, but few of them can match the impact of BILLY THE KID.”
-Stephen Farber, The Hollywood Reporter
Jennifer Venditti's award-winning documentary is a provocative coming-of-age story—an odyssey into the soul of an American teenager. Following fifteen-year-old Billy as he bicycles through the quiet streets of small town Maine, we watch him traverse the frustrating gap between imagination and reality, grappling with isolation and first-time young love. By turns exhilarating and disturbing, we see the world from the intimate view of an expressive and seemingly fearless outsider.
- Anamorphic master, created from Hi-Def elements and enhanced for widescreen TVs
- Audio commentary by director Jennifer Venditti and Ryan Gosling
- “Pieces That Don’t Fit”, a new short by Venditti
- Director interview
- Music selections from the film including the Virgins’ “Fight to Survive” + bonus tracks
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hearing impaired
- U.S. Theatrical Trailer
- New essay by Miranda July
We can only ship to addresses in the USA. If you wish to purchase this title in Canada please email us.